· Barcode Scanners
· Credit Card Swipers
· Cash Drawers
· POS Software
· POS Systems
· POS Printers
· POS Touchscreens
· Contact Us
· Delivery Options
· Printer Drivers
View Point of Sale 2009 Accessories
Microsoft Point of Sale 2009 Details
Microsoft Point of Sale demo
Comparison guide: Choose the Microsoft point of sale product that is right for you
Video and case study of Microsoft Point of Sale
Microsoft Point of Sale is designed to replace a cash register and provides an easy-to-use application to track sales, inventory, and customer information.
Streamline business processes
- Streamline and track business operations, including inventory, supplier management, and POS processes.
- Process transactions quickly with barcode scanning, custom POS buttons, and an easy-to-use touch screen (not included).
- Give associates at the point of sale an easy way to check prices, inventory availability, and location quickly. They can access customer information, handle multiple tenders and partial payments at checkout, and quickly create and process returns.
- Save time and money by integrating credit and debit card transactions at the POS and eliminating the need for expensive card payment terminals and high transaction fees.
- Make informed decisions with accurate information and powerful reporting tools.
- Integrate and exchange information with the Microsoft Office System and Intuit QuickBooks accounting software - make full use existing software investments and share information across applications without adding additional training costs.
Get up and running quickly with easy set up and ease of use
- Help users learn POS procedures in minutes - even if they?ve never used a computer before - with the intuitive user interface.
- Train new employees quickly using the practice mode option.
- Define and track the exact information you want to see about your customers with user-defined custom fields.
Track and manage inventory efficiently
- Save time and reduce employee overhead by automating inventory tracking.
- View inventory status: quantity sold, on hand, on order, and more.
- Track and manage items across your store using familiar and flexible stock and sales methods.
- Replenish top-selling items efficiently and negotiate lower purchasing costs by tracking item movement and supplier histories.
- Create automatic purchase orders and identify your best-price suppliers.
- Create barcode labels with a built-in label designer.
Help improve security - and your bottom line
- Help reduce shrinkage, false returns, credit card fraud, and unauthorized discounts. With several security roles that can be assigned to employees, managers can control access to sensitive data and track returns efficiently.
Make better, more informed business decisions
- Create interactive real-time reports that identify best-selling items, most productive employees, detailed sales history by cashier, department, category, supplier, and more.
- Access and analyze current, detailed data across your entire store. Identify sales trends in every department or category, evaluate operations and financials, track results from sales and ad campaigns, and set and monitor business policies.
- Export report information in several formats; Microsoft Excel, text, HTML, XML, or e-mail.
- Use the "My Store" feature to customize screens, setting them to display only the reports that are most important to you.
Increase sales and build customer loyalty
- Target customer preferences and display up-sells and cross-sells to cashiers, so they can mention them to customers during transactions.
- Implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
- Create targeted customer mailings based on buying preferences and purchase histories.
Who uses Microsoft Point of Sale?
Microsoft Point of Sale can be used by most small specialty merchandise retailers with a single store or group of independently operated stores. Types of retailers using the system include:
- Wine shops
- Convenience food (coffee shops, fixed item cafeterias)
- Tobacco shops
- Pet stores
- Retail kiosks
- ...and more
Integration with other software and hardware
- Microsoft Point of Sale works with the Microsoft Office System, Microsoft Small Business Accounting, and QuickBooks.
- Microsoft Point of Sale works with a wide range of PC-based point-of-sale hardware and peripherals, including printers, magnetic stripe readers, and barcode scanners.
- PC with Pentium? lll 733 MHz or faster processor
- Microsoft? Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine?MSDE (included)
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM
- Approximately 50MB of available hard disk space for the Point of Sale program and files. (Hard disk usage will vary, depending on Point of Sale?s configuration and the location of database files.)
- CD-ROM drive
- VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 16-bit color for the Point of Sale POS program; VGA (1024 x 768) or higher resolution for the Point of Sale Manager program
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
It generally takes less than 1 hour to train cashiers and managers.
Technical support is available from both Microsoft Business Solutions and us. Microsoft Business Solutions offers optional support packages that provide access to Web- and phone-based technical support assistance. To reach Microsoft Business Solutions Support, call 888-477-7877.